Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Airwalk: RIP

Picture 264Yesterday, I finally laid to rest my pair of Airwalk trainers. We have been together for over 10 years! During that time, my Airwalk and I have been through many changes, challenges and events:
  • Worn on many skateboarding days.
  • Learned to drive in them.
  • Cycled to work in them.
  • Ran three miles in them, three times a week.
  • Worn on my Honeymoon.
  • Worn at the birth of both of my children.
  • Worn when I taught my Newphews to Skateboard.
  • Worn on holiday in St Lucia, Dublin, France, USA.
  • Worn to the top of the Empire State Building.
  • Worn into the deepest, darkest caves in Cheddar Gorge.
I will miss them as all I have to wear now are my bright white NIKE running shoes. Farewell my friends... we were good together.

7 comments:

bigfootcookie said...

You could have given them a new lease of life, and donated them to a local tramp.

Mind you, he may have turned his nose up at them in that state.

They have some standards you know.

Chris said...

Goddam I'm sure I own the same model.

Didn't do nearly as much in them.

Yours must stink!

"Gert-Van-Mol-Office" said...

You seem to be a blogger expert, even a very friendly one, would it be a problem to ask you the following ?
- how do you adjust the size of the letters in the side bar, esp. the text in the About Me profile ?
- where can one find the "search this site" button ?
gertvanmol@hotmail.com

Tarun said...

Different background for different posts intersting.tell me how to do it.

Ghone said...

Ah, bless. It must be like burying a family pet. Just keep remembering all the good times!

Tell my how change my Sitemeter font to not be green bitch!

Tao said...

I do believe that you will need to change the settings in your sitemeter account for that to change.

There is no "code" as such on your page, just a link back to the code on the sitemeter site.

Gypsy said...

I simply love the shoes and the story behind them.
Since someone before me has done this and feels the same way and their post is here. Might I ask your help with something to do with my "blog"?
I use the "Scribe" template. I picked a new one (so I thought) The "Scribe again but it had the profile pic on it. I can't seem to find where or how to do that. Can you help? Thanks
SilverDragonfly@gmail.com