Thursday, November 03, 2005

Pretend Poo

Cripes! Mr Postman delivered my GBA Flash Cart this morning before 9am! Hows that for eBay service! Ordered yesterday afternoon - delivered today! I unboxed my new toy and slapped it into the USB port on my XP box and installed the drivers, briefly read the instructions (ignored most of it) and launched the program from the included CD to upload some **ahem** backups of my games I already own. ERROR: NOT ENOUGH ROOM The Cart stated that it had 256mb free... but only 256MB RAM - not ROM.... Hmm... I tried to format the card using the same program - but it just crashed every time. Thoughts of negative eBay feedback entered my mind as I re-read the instructions. I went off to the manufacturers website and began to download the latest version of the upload client and was a small part way through downloading it over my 2Meg ADSL line at 3.2kb a second when I found a slightly older version on another site. Downloaded that - unRARed it and tested... it worked!!! I was able to pick my ROM images and load them into the application ready for uploading. So why did'nt Mr eBay supply the latest version of the client too? He did supply his own CD with the drivers on, but they were obviously the old version! So I now have ...er... some ROMs on the cart. And for the record.. it works - perfectly! It boots to a loader screen (with wallpaper you can change) and you arrow up and down the list of games and press the A Button to load them. I don't know why I did'nt get one years ago! Now, i'm off for another "pretend poo" to play. And tonight, I will be mostly searching the internet for ROMs and Emulators. Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Ghone said...

Sounds cool! Me wanna play!