Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hurty ouch

Fatigue fa-tigue 1. Physical or mental weariness resulting from exertion. 2. Something, such as tiring effort or activity, that causes weariness: the fatigue of a long hike. 3. Physiology. The decreased capacity or complete inability of an organism, an organ, or a part to function normally because of excessive stimulation or prolonged exertion. Today is my second day back at work after two weeks off and I already need another holiday. My old boss, Dave, used to say "There's no point going on holiday... you come back more tired than before!". I used to just laugh and say "yeah.." in a placating manner. Now I know what he meant. My back feels like it has gone ten rounds with an overweight sumo on a cocktail of PCP, speed and Cilit Bang after I wrestled with our washing machine to try and find a leak at the weekend. It won, I lost and cried in the corner. My forearms are aching after two weeks of no computing allowed my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome to slacken off its iron grip on my tendons - only to fit in two weeks worth of work into the last two days thanks to Mr Zotob. The light at the end of the tunnel is really just another room full of crap waiting to be shovelled. My simpleton, child-like, canal minded colleague BigFootCookie has handed me the spade, I now have to keep digging. My head feels all spongy after too much coffee, not enough *real* food and numerous phone calls ringing in through my headset. My brain has turned into something resembling happy shopper mushy peas and my eyes are as sore as a 14 year old's testicles. Does anyone know how to do a cranial drill massage? Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Captain Beefheart said...

I hear you girlfriend! I'm on my third straight week back at work after being off for a month and it sucks a shitty donkey cock!

"There can be only one"

Chris said...

Sure, it's the carpal tunnel syndrome from using a keyboard.

Iron grip on your tendons

I've done a few days freelancing and I've got a sore neck and a headache already. It's not natural I tells ya!

Tao said...

Working is just bad bad bad!

bigfootcookie said...

After 3 days straight of Mr Zotob, my feeble child like mind, has only today realised it is on holiday, and allowed my organs to step down from fight or flight mode.

It's like the spooky silence you get in a comms room during a power down.

Where have the buzzing noises gone? And the voices.......

Ghone said...

I returned to a life of meetings.
5 hours on Monday and 3 hours today.
When am I supposed to get any real work done?
and my mind kept wondering to being on long boat trips and sneaking around abandoned public schools...