Monday, September 26, 2005

Monsters what?

Mrs Taoski and I watched Monsters Ball at the weekend. However, I may have missed some vital plot bits (as I was ironing at the time) - but what the hell was it all about? Here's a few plot points for the mentally impaired:
  • White policeman executes man on death row.
  • White policemans son kills himself.
  • Convicts fat son gets killed in a hit and run.
  • Three deaths before 1 hour is up.
  • White policeman gets jiggy with convicts wife.
  • Convicts wife buys White policeman a white cowboy hat.
  • White policeman ditches frail racist father at a home to die.
  • Convicts wife moves in with White Policeman.
  • Convicts wife finds out White Policeman fried her hubbys brain.
  • They eat Chocolate Ice Cream.
  • The end.
And she won an oscar for that? At least she had the decency to show her breasticles! Great direction, great photography, good atmosphere......Crap film.

7 comments:

Loz said...

I knew there was a reason I had never bothered to see it. I have an aversion to anything with Halle Berry in it - case and point; Catwoman.

Here's my review of Shaun of the Dead: I fell asleep. Will try again tonight.

MrNoxious said...

Not seen Monsters Ball, I'd heard it was good but maybe I'll give it a miss. Catwoman on the otherhand was a great film.

Tao said...

Luckily I missed Catwoman!
But thats just the kind of trash i expect you to watch!

Fella said...

Aren't there prostitutes involved, or at least one prostitute? I've never seen it and DrunkBoyBob stole my comment.

bigfootcookie said...

Not seen this film. And I now don't intend to.

Thanks for helping me not waste 2 hours of my life on this drivel.

Now then, back to the next episode of "Lost"!

Tao said...

There was a prostitute involved.
You see the policemans son "give er' one" from behind early on in the film.
The prozzie is quite funny. She just comes in, strips off immediately and says "be gentle, i'm sore". And he is done in a matter of seconds.

Ubermilf said...

And America slides further down into the dustbin of history.

I could go into a long diatribe about how we have gone from a nation of plucky innovators to a fat, bloated empire of materialistic layabouts, but I'm too lazy.