Thursday, December 08, 2005

Auto Patcher

I came across this little program last night after searching for ways to get my USB Bluetooth Dongle working in XP properly. Head - bashing - desk - not - working! Anyway, I digress. For those people who have a "non-pukka" version of XP that fails the usual Windows Update verification thingies... heres a program that contains all of the latest updates and fixes all together. It also contains extras like the new XP Royale Theme that I blogged about earlier and the latest Google Toolbar. There is also a "lite" version that only contains the main fixes though. The full download weighs in at over 100mb - so definitely not for those luddite modem people. Get it over at the Autopatcher site. There is also a hacked DLL doing the rounds that you have to patch your PC with in safe mode that will allow the verification tests to pass - but I have not tested it. Update: Tested the DLL crack - works a treat! Happy Xmas!

No comments: