Monday, December 05, 2005

Seen one!

I saw an Xbox360 "in the flesh" this weekend! Yay! Whilst trying to navigate the immense dimensions of our new local ADSA Walmart store I came across the small Xbox360 demo booth where a spotty faced employee was trying to get rid of an error on screen that said "no signal". I went and looked at the toys with the kids and returned a little later to find the console working and a man playing FIFA2006 who had ditched his wheelchair bound mother to get at the new hardware. She sat with her back to him, cuddling her lap-blanket looking folornly at the nearby counter of cheap DVD Players, whilst her son pitted his skills of England against Germany. As predicted, the game looked freakin amazing! The players facial textures and the detail on the clothing rippling in the wind was really cool. As the camera zoomed out to the usual view of the field during play it did not look quite as impressive. But as the bloke guided Paul Scholes to make a poorly judged tackle from behind (not that he would do that in real life.....) the cut scene was really well rendered! My matey Dodgy Trev has managed to get an Xbox and I am off to play Project Gotham 3 at lunchtime tomorrow - so expect me to give an update after I return - unless I am too busy ringing round trying to find out where I can buy one!

2 comments:

Ghone said...

So did it give you a semi-lob?

Chris said...

Ah the seduction begins...

Taunting you with her crisply rendered graphics.

Will it be an unstable bunny-boiler though?