Thursday, January 05, 2006

Finally... a good Podcast!

Yesterday, whilst I was supposed to be helping babysit SwimPigs daughter, I was playing with his PSP and noticed that he had downloaded some MP3 Podcast's to his 1Gb Memory Stick. I have "dabbled" with Podcasts in the past and have a few subscriptions in my iTunes which I usually delete after a few weeks of not listening to some nasal american whining on about how great his Mac is or some half drunk english guys who are supposedly funny. In my opinion, 99.9% of Podcasts are all total crap. It might be the latest "big thing" but I read enough useless WOBBs (Waste Of Bandwith Blogs) - I don't want to hear them talk in my head too! SwimPig had downloaded the previously unheard of to me, Ricky Gervais podcast and when I went to the Podcasts page in iTunes, I found that it had overtaken the Best of Chris Moyles Podcast (which I already had subscribed to and deleted) as the most popular. I have downloaded all 5 episodes to my iPod and have just been pissing myself in the toilet (pun intended) , trying not to laugh out loud. And that is only 9 minutes into the first one! It is very good - and well worth the download. At last! A good and funny Podcast! Until I get mine done of course! Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Chris said...

It's twoo, he are funny as fuck.



(It's at this point that I fail completely to not tell everyone that I used to listen and download from XFM ages ago, before anybody else had heard about it. And it was probably funnier then too, just like Little Britain on Radio 4 and I was into rave culture first, and anywhere good you've been on holiday was even better before that when it was unspoiled by mass tourism. I didn't go on a holiday I was travelling....

arrggh jibber

Tao said...

I bet you even had a "same sex partnership" too before the government jumped on the bandwagon to ensure the "Pink Vote" at the next election.

If you have the old shows, then just like I tell my kids...

"Jesus says it's good to share. Or you will go to hell".

Chris said...

They are here:
http://www.xfm.co.uk/sectional.asp?id=4159

Frustratingly they have put up about 10 clips of each show, not wanting to license the music each clip has a couple of seconds of outro at the start, and intro at the end. Someone ought to cobble them together in a sound app into one file for each show.

Wisely for the Grauniad podcast they must have thought "let's do away with the music entirely"