Friday, January 13, 2006

Dr Wicket will see you now

I was booked for what I thought would be an appointment for a heart echo scan at the local hospital yesterday. I turned up and was ushered into a room to see an ewok sitting at a desk, pretending to be a doctor. I had seen him once before when I was admitted the night I discovered I might have a heart condition and at the time, my wife and I both thought "Ewok!". It turns out that I was in fact turning up for a consultation with the doctor to examine the results of the 24 hour tape monitor I wore and the results of the Echo Scan too. But I had not had the scan yet..... ah! Problem. He called the Cardiology section and checked. Yes, they should have booked me an appointment and I should have had the scan by now - but they fucked up and forgot. There is a 5 month waiting list for the scan - so I can expect to go for this sometime in May and a return visit to see my furry Ewok friend in mid-July. Piss. The results of the tape monitor were good and show no cause for concern - at all, so I should be "encouraged" by this and I am safe to start going to the Gym again. He also told me that I need to be having daily, dirty sex as part of my rehabilitation. So wifey, if you are reading this..... Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

bigfootcookie said...

Sex is only dirty, if it is done right.......YAY!

Tao said...

Thats what your wife emails me about all the time!

Fella said...

Zam!

lmao

Chris said...

As a Doctor I must insist that it is dirty sex.

Possibly involving pigtails.


Get well soon!