Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm on the move

After "a good hard think" I have decided to make the switch away from Blogger. Not that Blogger is crap or slow or full of spam blogs and is generally seen to be the AOL of the Blogging world or anything. Blogger has served me well over the years but I want more control over my blog, how it looks, functions and is accessible. I am going to buy a domain name, some webspace and host a WordPress blog there. I will also amalgamate this blog, my Photao Photoblog and Music Club blogs into one giant tri-headed beast. Wordpress will also allow me to create sub-blogs for subjects - so I could have a personal blog, a tech blog and a blog about my pet rock, Mr Stone Knee Boy (joke! - honest). I kind of have a picture in my head of how it will all pan out and work - but we shall see. Webspace and a platform like Wordpress will allow me to customise the site to my needs. The Newlinks boys made the switch away from Blogger quite a while ago and are still going strong on their nice Drupal based platform. Drupal is also possibly "in the running" for providing the front end for my new site. This is even more customisable than Wordpress but may be too much for what I need. I have got a website to design for Flights-Physiques.co.uk and wish I had got him to purchase a business hosting service so I could install Drupal or Wordpress. At least then he could update the news section of the site himself! Taoski.co.uk is available as a domain name and I can use Wordpress to import all my Blogger posts and comments - so watch this space suckers! Related links: Wordpress for beginners, Wordpress Themes, Working with Wordpress. Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Fella said...

I just went and bought that domain. Tell you what, you can take her off my hands for 500 pounds.

Tao said...

You git!

Blow ya for it?

Fella said...

Deal! I mean, "no". *wink wink*

bigfootcookie said...

You guys!

Ghone said...

When is a blog not a blog?
When it's someone's website???