Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

Had a great Easter weekend over the last four days. Friday: Went to the Cotswold Wildlife Park with the wife and kids. We went with Mr and Mrs Swimpig and their daughter too. A very nice day out all in all and ended off with some late night card playing and Jack Daniels drinking fun. As usual, Mr Swimpig won. Saturday: It was the mother-in-laws birthday, so we were over at her house for dinner. The kids got to play easter egg hunting in the garden, so we have again got a cupboard full of chocolate eggs, chocolate bars and assorted chocolate bunny shaped sweets. And all that after we just threw away the eggs that never got eaten from over two years ago! Sunday: Had a lazy day around the house and then went for a dog walk with friends through the local fields. Very nice. Monday: Went to my first ever football match to watch the MK Dons beat Hartlepool 2-1 at the Milton Keynes National Hockey Stadium. My eldest son took part in a Football In The Community scheme where the MK Dons came to his school to teach them football skills. As part of a fund raising Penalty Shoot-out competition, we got a free pass for one adult and one child. I then bought two more tickets so that the wife and my other son could come too. It was quite exciting being in the crowd and we only just won after trickling a shot off the post about 4 minutes before the final whistle. As you may know, I am a seasoned FIFA player on my XBox, so it was nice to see the real thing for a change. There was only a few times when I got confused and thought I would watch the replay of the goal again... only to find I was pressing the head of the bloke sitting in front of me instead of the start button... Hartlepool were certainly the best side and at times The Dons were quite comical, falling over the ball and passing straight to the other team. Some decisions did not go their way though after Hartlepool scored by barging the goalie down after he had grabbed the ball and vollying the shot in. I did enjoy it though and might go to the next, and last, home game later this month. Anyone else up for that? Report: BBC SPORT | Football | League One | MK Dons 2-1 Hartlepool Tuesday: Back to work on the push bike. Microsoft Patch issues ahoy! Great... Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Ghone said...

Small boys in the park?
Jumpers for goalposts?
Count me in! Sat 29th v Tranmere?

Chris said...

Ha ha...

It's we won now is it?

This time next year you'll have a bulldog draped in a union jack tattoo and be running with the Don's 'firm'.

Tao said...

Hey!

I'm not Rick you know, jumping on the latest sporting bandwagon...

I bet he's taken up snooker too...

Tao said...

Well done pal!