Monday, April 10, 2006

Nildram

Does anyone have any experioence with Nildram as an ISP? I am still with AOL who I went with after moving house and having to cancel my BT Internet account. Instead of just moving the service from one house to another, they insist that you cancel your account and then re-apply at the new house! Even though the previous owner of my new property was also with BT Internet! Also, at the time, AOL were (pretty much) the only provider with no download limits, which BT were just bringing into force. My "downloading" action is no way near as bad as it used to be though. Nildram offer up-to 8mb broadband with a 50gb per month download limit. I think it should be enough for what I need I suppose. Although, my mate has a ratio on torrent site where his upload is over 1 Terrabyte! His download amount is something pretty scary too! Might see what ISP he is with. Can't remember off hand although I set it up for him. So. Any experience with Nildram , let me know. Or can you recommend a good ISP that won't release the dogs on me if I decide to download more that 1mb a month? Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been 3 weeks since my Nildram service was turned on. I connected the modem the night before the date in the welcome letter and it was alredy working (including the fixed IP and reverse DNS). I've had flawless service since then and haven't needed their support.

I did quite a bit of reading of the gripe forums at ADSLguide and didn't seem Nildram mentioned once so I've every expectation that good service will continue! Fingers crossed anyway ;-)

Tao said...

Cool.
Thanks for that info.

I think I might ring AO-Hell when I get home to cancel it.

Damian Byrne said...

Ive been with Pipex since they started (4 years) and have no complaints.

I am shortly to be moving to 8Mb connection with inclusive phone calls and NO DOWNLOAD LIMIT for £27.99 per Month.

Woth looking at

Fella said...

I use SKTC. It's a bit dodgy, but it gets the job done. I don't think they service the UK though, as their name means Southern Kansas Telecom. Couldn't hurt to ask though.