Friday, February 18, 2005

Lunchtime Lovelies

Went to PC Wurld at lunchtime to buy some more ink for my Epson C80 printer so son number 1 could do some printing for a school project. £30..... grrr. Nearly as cheap to buy a new printer! I wandered about a bit and checked the iPods out (of course) and then i saw one of these new iMacs up close for the first time....

I love the effortless way that the windows appear, fold out, shimmy onto the taskbar, hide and appear when pressing F9, F10 and F11... If that was my PC, most of the animation would be marred by a severe grinding of the hard disk followed by an embarrassing bleep as the system locked and then rebooted. Trust me! I have tried all the OSX transformation themes for Windows - and they all sucked... big style. Not sure if the little silver stand could handle being knocked by a 3 and 5 year old running across the room though. May need a little more "investigation". And they are only a grand! (eek!) I'm sure that the wife said that after the kitchens finished i could get a new PC. Watch this space!!!!!

No comments: