Monday, February 28, 2005

What a donut

Sometimes i could kick myself... After bleating on about getting an iPod or an MP3 player, my SPV rose from the ashes and lasted - all of a day. I felt i was happy getting used to the SPV again. I put on a new homescreen - so that it looked like a Mac. I even loaded on a new ringtone in WAV format too, not that it actually rang the day i had it switched on! I triumphed on my first game of toilet Solitaire too - surely a good sign! However - the keys are a little dodgy, sticking and not working, the screen is scratched and it weighs a ton. I gave the keys a "good mash" but it made no difference. Plus the display backlight seemed to be on more than it was off even though i had setup the power management properly. By the time i left it on overnight the battery was practically dead and i was digging back in the drawer for my Nokia again. I never bought a new SD memory card for it. Which was a good thing really as it was obviously not meant to be and it saved me some money. Yet again procrastination pays! I sometimes preach to others of my "Path of least resistance" as i slide through my life. Maybe i should now also be preaching a "path of less material goods" too. I would love an iPod - and could also think of quite a few reasons why i might need one and want one - but they are not real reasons. Just excuses for wanting something cool and sexy. My "new path" does sound a little religious too. Maybe that needs tweaking slightly. I can't beat the feeling of leaving work at the end of the day knowing i have done my job and have nothing to carry home. Its a similar feeling to walking home from school on a summers day knowing you have nothing to do but doss around until teatime. I used to lug laptops and stuff around in previous jobs, but now i need nothing at all - just me noggin. Maybe that is what i need to concentrate on. Having nothing. Wanting for nothing. More to come.....

4 comments:

bigfootcookie said...

I agree with that one Shandy. I can remember in Senior School carrying every single course book, and my games kit in my bag all the time, for fear of forgetting just one thing I may have needed for a lesson. I also used to carry laptop's and all kinds of crap as well when I drove, but now I cycle, I have a nice free feeling, leaving all the crap at work, and cycling home.

MrNoxious said...

I used to play the Bassoon, but gave up because it was too heavy to carry to school every day.

Anonymous said...

Very profound Mr Schencks. Buuuuuut, did you know you can now get an iPod mini for £130

Tao said...

I know.. i know... i know...
But i don't think i would really use one!
Maybe when i was commuting then it would have been ideal... but those days are gone!