Thursday, October 27, 2005

Smoke and Mirrors

As a reformed smoker of over 5 years standing I now feel qualified to speak on this matter with some authority.  The UK government has started legislation for a partial smoking ban in UK pubs.

I am not PRO a total ban on smoking in public places - as I will not be able to get my "by proxy" fix of the sweet smell of Old Virginia rolling tobacco wafting over my pint of Guinness whilst I chat.

Smoking is nice.  I loved it and I probably would still love it now.

Call me selfish... but I don't care!

Technorati Tags : , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Ghone said...

I so agree!
If smoking wasn't bad for your health, made you stink & cost so much cash then I'd be puffing away right now!

I do miss it - in a social kind of way, but not in a habitual way.

Hello, my name is Ghone and I've not had a cigarette for 11 years.

Fella said...

I quit too. But that only lasted for about three weeks. They passed a public smking ban in Lawrence where I used to live, it was dreadful. We were stuffed onto the patio like sardines. And someone would invariably catch on fire.

Fella said...

How'd your thing go?

Loz said...

YOU'RE SELFISH!

i don't actually think so, but you told me to tell you that.