Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sweaty Pits Ahoy!

21 years ago, this 32k game, Revs, on the BBC Micro was "the business". My friends and I enthused over the limited colour graphics and blocky details for many a long weekend (when we were'nt playing D&D).

I remember showing the game to my neighbour who was (is?) a chief marshall at Silverstone racetrack. He was blown away by the realistic graphics and car handling. I can still feel the beads of sweat dripping down from my armpits as i just hung onto first place whilst he stood behind me, egging me on.

I have recently been playing the new Burnout: Revenge game on my XBOX which is amazing too. I can't see how it can get much better than this!

But... I have just watched a new trailer of the new Project Gotham 3 game due out for the XBOX360 at the beginning of December - and i felt those beads of sweat all over again. I'm getting excited now! I was being good and telling myself that I will not get a 360 when it comes out - but I think I have just changed my own mind again!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

bigfootcookie said...

Oh god. I'm not going to have to chew on Taoski's exhaust pipe am I?

Again?

Anonymous said...

I knew you would change your mind about the 360 - you like gadgets too much.

And in related news I done got me a PSPs. Yay! ;)

Tao said...

It was never a case of "if" - just a case of "when" i would change my mind.

I'm just a little hesitant to spend out my moolah on a 360 for it to just sit under the TV as my current XOBX does - and only act as a networked media player device....

We will see...
I expect when the new Tony Hawk 360 game comes out i will be wetting my pants and will rush out and get one!

Anonymous said...

You'll probably not get one for launch now anyway - I'm 50th in the queue at one of the local Game branches and they aren't sure they'll have 50 for launch day. :/

Tao said...

I'm not gonna get one on launch day.
Wait until nearer Xmas and the bundles will come flying off the shelves.

Then there's the Janurary sales.

Then there's the possibility of a chipped one!

NO NO NO!!! I'm not gonna get a chipped one this time! I need to race you on live!

Anonymous said...

Don't wait for a chip - MS say it will take at least 2.5 years to mod because they've been really, really careful with security this time. The modders say MWUHAHAHAHA!

Pah to getting one with the masses - early adoption is where it's at so you can pay more than anyone else and have less games to play. ;)

I'll take you up on the Live Challenge! Bungers is getting one and is a fan of PGR too so there's 3 participants already.