Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Tuesday Thoughts

The thought of having an iPod is still in the forefront of my mind at the moment. As is getting an Apple Mac computer. I have the money to get both from our savings but there are more important things to spend it on. New bathroom suite and a new garden patio and stuff like that. I was (attempting) to get a new ringtone for the wifes phone the other night whilst we watched Most Haunted Live on LivingTV. I have got plenty of MIDI ringtone files downloaded via torrents but for some reason the beggers never play on the phone! You can load them into the Nokia Sound Converter program and mess with the polyphonic vaules and MIDI channels etc - transfer it to the phone and it then does not play. After several hours of going "this one?" or "how about this one?" and then finding that the shortlist of 3 from over 6000 did not work got me a little pissed off to say the least. I did a bit of googling and found a message from someone saying that the MIDI files need to be about 10-20k for it to play on the model of Nokia we both have. Therefore off i went to find a MIDI file editor to trim it down. That was at around midnight. I did get one but could'nt figure it out. I wished our phones played proper MIDI files, MP3 or WAV files as ringtones. So that got me thinking about getting a new phone....... And it starts again. A new fad to think about. I picked up a brochure from CarPhoneWhoreHouse whilst shopping the other day and scanned it for a new phone! I don't need an iPod if i can get a phone that plays MP3s - like my SPV used to. I won't need a multimedia jukebox thing that plays videos if i get a phone that does videos too - like my SPV used to. Hmmm.. see a pattern emerging? I can get a new SPV (the C500) here at the MoDaCo Shop for about £148 and then buy a 512mb memory card to go in. I remember that it was nice having my SPV as an all-in-one unit. Phone, MP3 player, video player, organiser, games machine, camera. Maybe i should get one of them instead of an iPod? I have £90 saved up at the moment. Maybe next month then.. Someone slap me! - or get me a better paid job!

1 comment:

bigfootcookie said...

I'll slap your face, for freeas well. Just give me the nod when you feel a spend creeping up on you!