Thursday, March 10, 2005

XBOX2 Details revealed

At the Game Developers Conference over in the US-of-A details of the new XBOX have been emerging including some potential screens of the new Dashboard and revamped XBOX Live! See here and here and here for the screenies. Some websites report that the console could include three 3.0 Ghz processors! How much processing do you need? I bet it comes with a 10 inch fan on the back to cool the thing down. I guess that as my 2 boys are growing up fast - i had better get one when they come out. However - i am not quite sure where to stand on the "modded" consoles any more. Maybe i should be taking the higher moral ground and start buying these games and stuff. But they are so damn expensive! I might have to get a *proper* XBOX2 when they come out - just so i can get to pay on Live properly. My kids will create the demand and i will have to respond no doubt. My modded XBOX is still the best "gadget" that i have bought for years. In fact it rarely gets used to play *real* XBOX games and is more used as a networked Media Player for all those videos i download and retro console emulators. Gotta love Sonic and Mario! I gave away my DVD player as i just use the XBOX now! Its totally excellent. Just a brilliant piece of kit.

No comments: