Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Wednesday WIbbles

I woke up very fuzzy this morning after taking my wife out for a chinese for her birthday. We managed to consume 2 bottles of red wine between us and were both a little "squiffy" when we staggered home. I don't usually eat chinese but i made a special effort and quite enjoyed it! As i stumbled around at the local school playground after dropping the kids off i noticed a green iPod Mini being brandished by one of the local mums. Not that she looked like the sporty type either mind you! It appears that everyone has one! Apart from me. Bah. I even spotted a little kid who could have only been 10 with an iPod Shuffle! He was being dragged around the local shops by his parents who looked the like they could easily afford to buy as many as they wanted. Double Bah. I have been making an effort to listen to the FM radio on my Nokia 3200 just to see if i could justify an MP3 player. I hate Radio1 one though and Radio 4 often just becomes too random after you have to stop listening every few mins to answer the phone. It reminds me of my days as a temp working as a "picker packer" in a local factory - about 15 years ago. They had Radio1 on all the time blasting out of hidden speakers in the roof. You could guarantee hearing the same songs over 6 times in one shift! Arrggh. The only thing that kept me going was writing "Rave On" on the packages that were going to Manchester. I hope that someone there appreciated all my hard work! After my post yesterday about getting a new mobile i did a little research and found that i could play AMR format files as ringtones on my phone. I got hold of the Nokia Multimedia Converter and have uploaded the "Windows XP Startup" tune to my phone and set it as the ringtone. The quality is really crappy and the little speaker distorts it badly - but it does work! So with a little help my wife will be able to have the real "staying alive" as her ringtone. There - i have just given away her age! Did i mention it was her birthday? Gnngg. The new Stereophonics track has just started playing on the radio. I heard it at lunchtime and also on the way home last night and the way in this morning! I wonder what i would choose to listen to if i had my iPod with me? Hmmmm......

1 comment:

bigfootcookie said...

That 10 year old kid with the Ipod, was he the same little snot who had the £2500 Orange Patriot Mountain bike to do his paper round on? Seems that the norff/sarrf divide is alive and well in Shandy Land regarding the misappropriation of wealth. Doesn’t your Aston Martin have a decent sound system then?