Friday, July 15, 2005

all i want for christmas

I have just read through two of the articles posted by WinSuperSite's Paul Thurrott about the impending XBOX360. I know i am biased (as i already own an XBOX) but the device does sound very good and what the Microsoft man, Jeff Henshaw, puts across is a device that will appeal not just to gamers, but to the whole family. This is mainly due to its "Media Centre" mentality with the ability to access your "Friends List" regardless of if you are playing games or watching streaming video across your network. Think of it as like having MSN Messenger on your TV! Of course Sony will blow it away with the PS3 when that arrives a year later as they already have such a large userbase all across the world. But for now Microsoft might have captured the flag from the other team. Its almost as if all the extra mods and applications I primarily use on my modded XBOX will be built in to this next model! I might even buy an un-modded one for a change. Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

7 comments:

mmChronic said...

/me too!

My current xb isn't modded as I wanted to play PGR2 on Live - but as soon as I get the new one I'm hacking the old one to bits again. :)

Tao said...

I usually play my modded one using Xlink Kai which is pretty cool.

Not as nice-n-easy as "Live" though.

I guess will buy a real XBOX360 as there comes a point where i must "teach my kids the value of things in life" and that not everything is "free off the internet" - like their mummy was!

mmChronic said...

Live is awesome - the new Live should be even better with video chat and interrupt any game style things.

I don't mind 'difficult' for stuff but I went for Live just because of the huge user base - you can get a game pretty much as soon as you turn the box on. Which is nice. :)

I know what you mean about your children's values - I'm slowly reeducatng my daughter that the world is full of nasty RIAA/BPI ninja lawyers. ;)

mecha said...

Tao,

How are you mate? In true Royal Mail style "I saw this and thought of you"

href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Blogging+While+Working&defid=1348203"> Urban Dictionary.com

I've tried my best to put this as a link, but as you know I'm S*** at HTML so it probably won't work.

Ghone said...

Out in November you say?
Mrs Pig might be gettting an unexpected birthday present!

Captain Beefheart said...

I still don't get it, wot's this gaming thing all about...?

Tao said...

It's all about fun and escapism.
Maybe you are just too old to appreciate such things?