Monday, July 04, 2005

iPod Cake

ipod cakeI am not one to overreact, but my birthday was totally excellent! We had a BBQ over at my Parents-in-law's house and around 30 people were there to help me celebrate. The kids ran riot all afternoon in the garden and the adults ran riot through piles of beer, wine, vege and meaty food. Too much food was made but my wife and her mother and father did me proud and gathered up a real feast for everyone. Thanks! For my pressies, i got a Gatecrasher CD, an iSkin, a box of Caffreys, a photo frame, a pair of jeans, 2 shirts, a bike computer, a cycle helmet and 2 of my butterfly photos printed and framed.
butterfly1 butterfly3
The 2 framed pictures are totally wicked! The pictures look good on the PC screen but in print the color and detail is amazing. I will definitely get some more printed in the near future. Also, a big thanks to my 2nd wife, Mrs Swimpig, who made me the iPod cake you see in the photo above. An orange and almond cake! Yummy. Payment in kind available when ever you want it love! My wife also made some of her Ginger cake too which went down a storm. Shame I only got one slice of it though... It was also great to see all the kids playing together too. Mr and Mrs WhiteBoyBob brought along their daughter who i have not seen for about 4 years and also their new little bundle of joy, who is really cute. It was all just perfect! Kids playing, men drinking, women in the kitchen..... no.. whoops! Sorry! And to end the night i watched in total awe as Pink Floyd took the stage at Live8 after 24 years and were totally excellent! All those years apart have not changed the way they sound at all. Brilliant! I hope they reform again! A class act!
Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

bigfootcookie said...

Glad you had a good bash old fruit. The Floyd were outstanding, as were The Who. Doesn't matter how old these guys get, they can still perform Live and have a studio perfection like sound. Show some of these kids how to hack it. Neeee...bugger.

Ghone said...

Was a most mighty fine day my friend!

I agree, Pink Floyd were stunning. Watching them gave me goosebumps!

I'll see when the bread knife can fit you in!