Friday, July 01, 2005

The Final Countdown

Tomorrow I will be 34. I don't really feel 34 which I guess is a good thing. Although it doesn't stop me from my blood running cold in the middle of the night when the reality of my mortality sinks in. That's a real adrenaline kick at 4am I can tell ya! I hope that feeling passes. You hear old folks (anyone older than 40) saying "I feel the same today as I did when I was eighteen" and I think I can now see that it is probably true - not some medicine induced false memory. Although it's a little odd to think that i was skateboarding around my city before alot of the kids I see doing the same now, were born! Gnaahh.. youth of today.... etc. My 33.99 years have been good ones so far and I have managed to get a super wife who gave me two super kids and can also hold down a stress free well paid job for which I am constantly commended! I am still on talking terms with all of my family and have no debts at all (apart from the mortgage). I didn't try too hard at school, didn't work at getting a good career and didn't cause my parents too much grief. However, I did annoy the police a few times and make a few drunken mistakes with girls - but who doesn't! At the moment, life is good. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Tags: , , , ,

10 comments:

Ghone said...

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some presents!!! ;o)

Tao said...

If you're not packin gifts - you don't get in!

Captain Beefheart said...

You're so fucking old!!!!

No, hang on....

Captain Beefheart said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy xxxxxxxxxx

Tao said...

Thanks matey geeza!
I'll let you have your present another time ;-p

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday - I hope you get your mini mac.... =)

mmChronic said...

Happy Birthday Taoski! - have a good one. :)

Tao said...

Thanks guys!

bigfootcookie said...

Happy birthday you old goat. Eat, drink and make merry, for tommorrow brings a new hangover.

Tao said...

Twas' brillig!
Report to follow soon.....