Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Bread and butter in the gutter
On Saturday it will be my 34th birthday! The only problem is when the wife / kids / parents / parents-in-law / friends / neighbours / imates ask me what i want for my birthday present my answer is always "nothing". This happens every year (at xmas too) and annoys the hell out of my Wife and Parents especially. I usually manage to get hold of any gadgets that i want and DVDs and Music are pretty much free these days too. Other than that - i want for pretty much nothing. Its all part of my Zen / Bhuddist / Low-fi mystique... The only things i can currently think of are as follows:
1. A bike computer - so i can see how fast i am not going.
2. A "skin" for my nice new iPod - already got scrapes on the screen.
3. An extending charge/sync cable for the iPod - so i don't have to carry to much.
4. A Mac Mini - too much cash though.
5. The new Harry Potter book - so i can actually *read* something before my eyes scab over (or does this not count).
6. A bike helmet - although i don't really want one cos they look gay.
So - one present from the wife, one from the kids, one from the parents and one from the parents in law. That should just about cover it is suppose. No-ones gonna buy me the Mac Mini though. *sob*
What else do you get the man who has everything - and can download what he does'nt have?
Socks..... thats what.
Ps... Thanks to mouse for the pic too by the way!