Monday, June 20, 2005

Lament for the WhiteBoy

My mate Mr Whiteboybob has made a post on his blog that he will be ceasing his blogging activities from now on. I have been on the brink of giving up several times due to "bloggers block" and just general blogging apathy - nothing to say/nobody cares etc... I can remember lying in bed one night thinking about how pointless my blog was and that i was only chasing for new readers and checking the number of comments each time i went on. I started my Blog to help people use Bittorrent but now I was possibly writing stuff to provoke a discussion. I nearly got up and deleted all my posts but i am glad i did'nt. I'm sure he will see sense and try again. After your template has cocked up several times and you are in a bit of a "blue funk" anyway, your blogging seems pointless and a chore. Some people say to blog every day but this is not always possible. As my girlfriend used to say - "when i am feeling down i always see bad in our relationship". Needless to say, that was not the girl i married! Since we are all (nearly) married off with kids and mortgages, the circle of friends i used to move within has become very fragmented and i actually have'nt seen the Whiteboy properly for years and years - even though at one time i would have called him and his wife my best friends. Now that he is into Blogging i feel that i have got that link back to him and to loose that again would be a real shame.

8 comments:

Captain Beefheart said...

Absolutely - I feel we've all made contact in a touchy feely sitting in a circle holdng hands across the web sort of way and it would be a darn shame to see the Wripple fade away in a haze of static

However, I see from his Big Log he has now decided to come out and play once again. Play that funky music, whiteboy!

Tao said...

Yes.
I see that too now! Bless. Even his wife wanted him to carry on too. I bet he was spending too much time with her again!

Democracy wins!
VOTE WRICK!

bigfootcookie said...

I'm glad he has decided to keep it up, so to say. I have been trying to get 2 of my mates to start a blog up, so I can keep in touch more often. I only see them once or twice a year, and the occasional text or email, so it would be nice to be able to abuse them on a more regular basis. I guess they either have more of a life than I have, or are even more of a techno leper than I am.

Tao said...

Piccy circa 98.

I decided to make it black and white though as not to show your yellow teeth! lol.

As for checking the site all the time - i still do and don't see anything wrong with it really. If it was just used as a personal diary then i would keep it that way - personal. Its nice to get comments - especially from someone who you don't know.

I like having an online presence (and personality) and Blogger makes it easy for me. I know that the media and people complain bloggers have nothing to say - but thats the beauty of it! Reading about something inane about someone elses life is perfectly voyeuristic!

I love it!

Chris said...

I thought the pic was off Viz'

'up the arse corner'


Chris

bigfootcookie said...

I thought it was either "Roger Mellie, the man off the telly", or "Mickey and his monkey spunk moped". Sigh, those were the days, when Viz was funny. I used to look like the nutter on the bus reading it on the way home, laughing out loud with tears in my eyes.

Ghone said...

What a bunch of enormous bendors!
See you'll on Thursday!

bigfootcookie said...

I used to love Parkie, "DID YOU SHITE IN MY BOGS?" and Farmer Palmer "Red sky at night, get 'orf my land". And Biffa Bacon. And Buster Gonad. And Roger Mellie. And Sid the Sexist. And Roger Irrelevant. And Black bag, the faihtfull border bin liner. Geez, feckin all of 'em.