Friday, May 06, 2005

Holdem.... cough....


Dealer Stash
Originally uploaded by Taoski.
Just came across this website that gives the best instructions for playing Texas Holdem that i have seen for free on the net so far.

It also has some sections on tactics and tips too like not raising before the flop, betting on the river and maintaining an erection.

I am off to buy a texas holdem poker set from my local Argos tonight on my way home. The best bit is that again procrastination has paid dividends. I saw this recently at Amazon and a local shop for £20. Argos have it reduced to £12.99! I have reserved my copy too! Last one in the shop.

I will report back on my winning streak!

3 comments:

bigfootcookie said...

Ahh...Profesional Procrastination. I am your humble Padwan.

bigfootcookie said...

Did you get it then Shandy, and if so, is it a good set? If so, I'll get me one tomorrow. I'll match your shandy, and raise you 2 sips of lemonade.

Tao said...

The actual set is nice but the cards are a little flimsy and the rule sheet is total shite.

It might as well say:

"Open the pack of cards and play a game of texas holdem poker. Remember to put the cards back in the box after".

I'm not sure where the reviewers on Amazon get their thoughts from. Someone said "excellent rulebook for beginners to expert". They must have been looking at something totally different!

I've downloaded some more ebooks on the subject. And at over 100 pages each it will make nice bog-time reading.